2014

2014

Monday, April 13, 2009

Why Don't I Live In Utah?


  • A babysitter who adores my children. Even when they're awful. (And she's free.)
  • Chicken or Hamburgers on Sunday evenings that I didn't cook.
  • "One more hand around," at 11:00.
  • And Ten No-Trump without the Joker.
  • A second opinion in my decorating.
  • A shopping buddy who says, "Let's take it home and think it over there."
  • Piano performances full of motivating praise for my children.
  • Golf pals for my husband.
  • A mortgage 1/4 the size of ours.
  • Big Chas for Little Chas.
  • Aunt Nicole for my girls.
  • My Big Brother.
  • A break for a moment.
  • A date every now and then.
  • The headquarters of our greatest (only) fan club.

What are we thinking?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you have a fan club in Boston, too!--timo and becky

Merinda Cutler said...

I wonder the same thing sometimes. But I think your parents should retire and move closer to you. All parents should live next door to their kids. And so should best friends from high school. I miss your parents . . . when are they going to come visit me?

Mel P. said...

And you forgot - No bears in the yard!