2014

2014

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is The Only Difference Between My Life And A Chick Flick...

...A Good Soundtrack?

The coolest music I've heard this week was when Dallin was setting my cell phone's ring tone to The Entertainer. (Depeche Mode was a close second.)

Last week I heard cool music too. It was Matt and Jenny's wedding CD. It's the only cool music we have. We lost the CD once, and went without any cool music for about a year and a half. Then I asked Matt to burn us another one. Now we're hip and happenin' again. I think.

Other than that cool music, we listen to Suzuki, Beethoven's Wig ("..it's very big. It's long and curly and it's white..." see if you can get it to fit to the tune of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony), and CBC talk radio.

I often watch Chick Flicks and think, hmmm... I've got handsome person who loves me, misunderstandings to carry the plot along, kids to drive me crazy, beautiful house, in-laws to laugh at (on both sides), and a minivan. Then the only difference between their life and mine is 50 lbs., a great haircut, and a really good soundtrack. I'm going the wrong direction right now to think about the lbs. The haircut will hopefully come this week. But the soundtrack may be hopeless.

Note picture of our whole house, surround sound, fully automated, high-tech, super-duper, thermo-nuclear stereo system (i.e. boom box for $34 from Future Shop now hiding behind plant on the floor next to the piano.)

I think my life might be as romantic and touching and tragic and happily-ever-after as a good movie with a sound editor on the job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally! I read your latest post with Fred's 'Adagio For Strings' playing from his blog. Entirely different than when I reread it with Bo's 'Baby's Sauce' underpinning the text!

I think you're on to something -

mousemom

Fred M said...

Idea, why don't you bring up one of the fantastic blogs you follow and allow the music to waft through your house. It might be fun. Brandon changes his music about once a month so you even get a new musical score periodically.

Jennie's blog is full of the good avant garde stuff.

Your words are music to me, better than any soundtrack from hollywood.

Love your blog.

JDM said...

Thank you for the honorable mention. It made me feel so cool. If you email me your address I would be happy to send you some mixes!