2014

2014

Monday, April 6, 2009

175 ÷ 83 = ?

After 2 days and 8 hours of General Conference, I have 83 things to work on. Insights specific to me. Surprise, surprise, many of them are questions. Things like,

What can I sacrifice?
When I go to the temple am I worshipping or rushing?
What do I focus on consistently? ("We get what we focus on consistently")
What can I learn from my parents before they die?
Am I using my spiritual gifts to navigate toward the blessings of eternity?

But some are just reminders of the same old holes in my life:

Make my prayers full of thanksgiving like President Benson.
Laugh to smooth out life's bumps.
Take inventory of the sacredness of my home.
Make my prayer time "sweet."
Be of one heart and one mind in my marriage.
Be careful not to criticize my children.
Be a student of the scriptures.

Well, there are 83 of them. And there are 175 days until next conference. That gives me about two days to work on each one.

I think that might be within my attention span. So, I've written them on index cards and I'll be diligently shuffling through them until October (I hope.) At least I hope I make it through the first 20. I'll put the most important ones first, in case I run out of steam.


(Dallin was our AV Guy, and successfully got us through all the feed blips with three computers, two speakers and a dozen snaking cords.)

(The Conference Candy game was mostly a success, but I think my children ate more sugar than they do on Halloween.)


(My children reverently listening to the last prayer on Saturday afternoon.)

No comments: