2014

2014

Friday, March 13, 2009

Am I The Wife Of The Century?

Does it make me wife of the century to hang a dead animal above the beautiful mantle of my glorious and very central living room? Does it communicate my great love for my husband? Does he look at it every day and know that I prioritize him above all else? I asked him a few days ago if he feels joy every time he looks at it. "Yeah, I guess." "What kind of Joy?" I said, "Like Joy Joy?" "Uh huh." "How much Joy?"

Maybe it gives my children respect for the grandeur of nature? (Or maybe it makes them a little nauseous.) Maybe it is teaching them that killing for sport is OK! What are they thinking as they patter past it between their bed and ours?

Or, does it just say--"Oh it really is too bad that a woman who can't decorate at all lives in that beautiful house," "That man really does need a den," or "Why is it staring at me?"

The eagle is currently on a "trial period." Last night I suggested a joint custody arrangement where the eagle would visit us every other weekend and one month in the summer. That could be a nice compromise.

2 comments:

Tongue River Boulters said...

It is beauitful Sariah and Love the paint color and it reminds me of grandfather and his legacy he left my mom and us

Tongue River Boulters said...

ps I also have a picture of Dad and his bear beside the bear if you would like I can try to find Grandpa Spear and so birds