2014

2014

Friday, March 6, 2009

Am I Doomed To Be Out Of Style?

I finally had feathered bangs the year after they went out of style. (1989?)

I inherited John and Becky's hand-me-down Francois Girbaud jeans (I never did figure out how to say it. "JURBO?") after they had gone out of style and so they were no longer going to wear them. Do you remember those? With the white tag on the front zipper that proclaimed "These jeans cost $75" (at a time when jeans only cost $15)? Well, I wore them forever, cut them off when they got holes in the knees and finally got rid of them after Naomi was born. Yikes!

I grew hippie hair and wore flower-embroidered shirts for the last three years (about 30 years late.)

I never did see Titanic.

At a Trek meeting last week, the man who is supposed to be playing "David Leatherman" (Letterman), said that Stephen Colbert would be more up-to-date. Who's that?

So, Dallin came home from Blockbuster with a Seinfeld DVD last week. I had never seen an episode. We cracked up for an hour and a half and are now on a belated mission to watch them all. (Thank goodness we can borrow them from the library.)

Although...

...because of a well-timed surgery when I was five and my mother's quick trip to the toy store, I did have the first Cabbage-Patch Kid on the block. Those were my glory days.

I'm about to get my haircut, could someone please tell me what's in style this decade?

No comments: