2014

2014

Friday, March 27, 2009

Is There An Entry About Me?


My dear Naomi. My eldest. You receive my rawest parenting. You are closest to my insecurities. You receive the majority of my time and nearly all of my energy and I worry incessantly that it isn't enough.

You have charisma and energy and sparkle and sweetness that continually surprise me.

You are concerned about Kaylie who lives in a foster home.
You are grateful we have Eliza safely adopted into our family.
You never forget to pray for John Larsen.
You know your prayers will be heard.
You cheerfully do your chores.
You watch out for your brother and sister.
You eagerly talk to Nana every chance you get.
Your eyes were the brightest when we saw the two deer in our yard this week.
You are naive of anyone's intentions being anything but pure.
You worry about Koby being unkind to Ethan.
You are ecstatic about a new baby coming.
You have shown a true mother heart from the time Eliza was born and you were only two then.
You ask me every few days what I'm going to be when I grow up. And you always laugh when I say, A Mother. "No, after that," you say.
You are already thoughtful about the importance of choosing wisely whom you will marry.
You trust me when I tell you that learning to read is so vitally important, even though I know you can't see that far ahead.
You remember that Chas has had a rough go and are tender toward him.
You forgive us so many, many, many times.
Your whole day can be "the best ever" because of watching a friend do rug-hooking.
You once wrote a song at Sister Murley's that captures the sweetness that is intrinsic to you.

(Naomi's Song)


I love you.

No comments: