2014

2014

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is This Song For Real?

My children started practicing songs for Mother's Day today in Primary. I know it will sound cynical, but who are they describing with these lyrics?

Mother dear, I love you so.
Your happy smiling face
Is such a joy to look at;
It makes home a lovely place.

I leaned over to the primary president and said, "Does your happy smiling face make your home a lovely place?" She replied, "Are you kidding?"

Somehow I do not think my eyes are twinkling very regularly and my smiling face is a joy for my children to look at.

3 comments:

Heather O. said...

Oh, Sariah, you are still pee your pants funny. I can hear your voice as I read this blog, and it makes me miss you even more!

And I'm sure your happy smiling face absolutely makes your home a lovely place.

Please keep writing--I am loving this!

Merinda Cutler said...

Oooh, am I the first one to comment?!?

Reading your musings about life feels like I'm in the basement computer lab of the JKHB reading your impassioned emails from BC while I should have been writing a paper. Now things are a little different. Now I should be doing dishes and laundry and playing with Graham instead of reading your witty and insightful stuff. It's lovely to read Sariah's take on the world again in this stage of my life. I only wish you'd told me when you started this at the beginning of March! I can't catch up!!

Jodi said...

The ability to comment now?! Hip hip hooray! I promise not to offer my condolences when your day is hard. I won't try to cheer you up or talk you out of being miserable or frustrated. Thanks for giving us a chance!

My eyes ALWAYS twinkle. Mostly it's due to the tears, but hey, they twinkle.