2014

2014

Monday, September 21, 2009

Why Did I Buy Size 16 Jeans?

Was it so that when they fall off thirty times a day I can feel like I'm losing weight?

Was it because I had four kids with me at Wal-Mart while I was trying them on?

Was it because I was so desperate to wear non-maternity clothes that I settled for anything without a knit panel?

Was it because the 14's were too tight and they stupidly don't make 15's? Ding ding ding. Right answer.

Why don't they make 15's?

And why do the waist of jeans only go halfway to the waist?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

And it is for this reason that when I find a pair of good fitting pants that I purchase them in every color they come in and wear them for 10 years straight.

Boring.

Merinda Cutler said...

I'm starting to think that women over 30 (namely, me) just aren't meant to wear jeans anymore. I can't find any that fit right or are modest anymore.

I'm with Jodi. I always thought my mom was weird because she wore the same pants and shirt in a different color every day. She still does. But if the pants fit, wear them. In every color.

Heather O. said...

Ah, my fashionista sister shared a secret with me about jeans. When you try them on at the store, they have to be TOO TIGHT. The fabric stretches over time, and soon the pair of pants that fit nicely in the store falls down or makes your bum look saggy. I finally followed her advice this last time, and bought a pair of jeans that I had to suck in to get to fit. They are perfect now, absolutely perfect. Much better than every other pair of baggy jeans in my closet. Craziness, I know, but there you have it.

And no, we are not going to be in Boston any time soon. Bummer! But I'd love to talk about ears and vocal cords anytime. I like geeking out about that stuff. Go figure.