2014

2014

Thursday, September 17, 2009

How Did This Happen?

Exactly 15 walls on the main floor of my house have square foot patches of 10 different colours of sample paint on them.

15 walls!!


10 colours!!


How did this happen?

It's all a bit blurry, but I remember having the mother of a playdate come to pick up her daughter a week ago. I remember sitting on the couch having a lovely chat. I remember musing about how to decorate my house. My friend started throwing around words like "Natural Wicker" "Bluff" "Spiced Rum" and "Caramel." It all got foggier then. Two days later I was in her car on the way to Benjamin Moore. 47 swatches, 10 sample paint pots, and an hour and a half later, she told me we did not have time to go out for lunch (the only reason I agreed to go at all) and then we were in my house painting every sample on every wall. I remember nursing Mark, washing rollers and watching my friend roll a small patch on every wall in sight. A second trip to Benjamin Moore. A third trip tomorrow...

I was planning to think about this for six months. Then worry about it for three months. Then give up for another half a year. And then start discussing it with playdate moms again a year from now. Now I have a deadline to have Spiced Rum on the accent wall and Masada on the door jams by tomorrow at 3:30 when she comes to check it out and help me paint the Mannequin Cream on the doors.

Notice the $4.99 paint pot samples on the table in the background.

No comments: