2014

2014

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Are Parents Supposed To Correct Their Children's Homework?

I'm sort of new to the real homework world. I'm not sure how this is all supposed to work.

I understand that parents should guide and teach and offer support through the whole homework process, but what about correcting it?

Is homework supposed to be an indication to the teacher of how completely hopeless my child's spelling skills really are? or should I be telling my daughter that almost every word on the page is spelled wrong and helping her spell them correctly? Then the teacher won't have a clue why she received 1/20 on her spelling test when her homework looked so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Help her spell them correctly as long as she will tolerate it! Kids need lots of practice and far more correction than a teacher can ever give. What would happen if you waited for the teacher to correct all their mispronunciations a grammatical errors? That would be abandoning your responsibility. Don't do the correcting for her, but certainly tell her what to correct. It's ok to be her dictionary. Dad is still mine sometimes!

Mom