2014

2014

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is This Worth Crying Over?

I've spent 15 hours painting. I've made my husband bail me out of a project he didn't want any part of in the first place. He's spent hours painting and spackling and unhinging. I've moved the furniture and plastic sheets back and forth and back and forth again. I've taped and painted and stretched in ways unhappy for an 8 month pregnant woman. Places in my body that house critical birthing muscles are screaming for me to stop. I've made three trips to the paint store 1/2 an hour away. I've sat in her room with swatches in hand and cried.

I think I hate the colour.

And I still have to finish the second coat.

And Naomi will be home on Saturday and it's a surprise for her birthday, so it has to be finished.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Is the new color the purple or the yellow?

I ALWAYS hate things initially when I realize there's no turning back. New tile? Hated it. Granite countertop, cabinets, paint color . . . hate, hate and triple hate.

Today? I love them all.

Give it a minute.