2014

2014

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is It a Deal If You Didn't Shake on It?

Naomi asked to talk to her Dad privately last night. They went off to the playroom.

Wait. Let me back up...
I've spent three weeks saying sentences like this:

"Dallin, leave her alone."
"Naomi, run!"
"Don't worry. I won't let Daddy yank your tooth."
"Dallin, stop teasing her!"
"It's not loose enough yet."
"Why do you want to pull it out anyway?"
"Just keep wiggling it, Naomi, it will fall out eventually."
"Have another apple, maybe that will help."

Last night, Naomi came out of the playroom grinning with blood dripping down her chin and her hand hidden behind her back.

Dallin came out of the playroom accusing me of "putting her up to this."

Apparently, the conversation went like this:

"If I let you pull out my tooth can we have one of Aunt Ellen's kittens?"

"Umm...I'd have to talk to Mom."

"But if Mom says OK?"

"Well, let me see how wiggly it is."

Wiggle. Wiggle. Out. In his hand!

Does this constitute a legally binding contract?

Well, they're off to Aunt Ellen's this week. We'll see if they arrive home with a furry friend.

No comments: