2014

2014

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Do You Know What Tempts Me To Lie?

When I do Chas's hair and it looks awful. I let them believe he did it himself. I even add that "Santa brought him his very own gel in his stocking."

When one tiny little, turns out to be stinky, toot escapes the hatch. Thank goodness for a baby to blame it on. He doesn't even mind.

When an official, permanent, document asks my weight. I'd tell anyone rather than tell that document that is going to be typed and stare me in the face every time we go through the border for years to come. The irony is that my history will show that nailing down any weight in type would be better what the real weight will be two years from now.

When something costs $1.94 and I bought seven of them. Can I just say they were a dollar each?

When my children are exhausted and cranky at 6:45 on New Year's Eve and I realize that a three hour movie only gets us to quarter of ten. Is setting the clocks forward a lie? Or is it more like optional daylight savings? It sure made for a cheerful New Year's Day.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I think I'll choose to lie here and say that you using the word "toot" in your post didn't make me laugh, out loud.

christine said...

I have changed the time on the clocks every year. Every time I walked past the clocks I would reset them by like 15 minutes so no one ever noticed, time just went so fast until midnight! We told the kids we did that this year and really let them stay up- the shocked looks were pretty funny.