2014

2014

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Now What?


I decided to go with my cousin Jodi's theory.(click here)

And after Star Wars and limitless sugar had induced a catatonic state

I explained the dangers of sugar

to their newly forming grown-up teeth

and to their mental capacity to retain spelling words and
other equally critical scholastic information

and to their athletic prowess on the netball court and soccer field

and to the respiratory and cardiovascular health
of their distant future.

They agreed that the risks were much too great and gathered up all of their sugar and dumped it into one enormous UNICEF bag, which I promised I would, under no conditions, throw away.

So, now what do I do with all of it?

Dallin, hide it from me.

Hide it deeply.

Like, in Milwaukee.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, we scored some Canadian "Smarties" this Halloween. I want to like them, I really do, but my taste buds just keep saying "this aint no M&M."

(My taste buds have bad grammar. Grandma Barbara would be mortified.)

Merinda Cutler said...

Oh you are so clever to just promise not to throw it away. I promised my kids I wouldn't eat theirs. I guess they knew there's no way I'd throw away perfectly good candy. Especially chocolate. But I'm keeping my word . . . too bad I didn't make any promises about the peanut butter pumpkins I've got stashed in the freezer!

christine said...

I don't have a problem wanting to eat any of my kid's candy at all. ...cuz I only bought stuff I wanted to eat to give out and then hid like half of all the bags. hee hee. We make ginger bread houses for Christmas decorations and decorate them with their Halloween candy. I hope some makes it that long this year! :)